Habitat for Humanity was founded as a Christian organization, and continues to maintain an ecumenical Christian identity. Nevertheless, Habitat welcomes and works closely with people of all faiths, belief systems, and walks of life. Together, we work as a team to improve lives and support communities. We encourage churches and other religious organizations to partner with Habitat – establishing a lasting and meaningful connection between the two groups. Habitat is called to serve the same struggling people many faith-based organizations aim to assist. Together, we will be stronger.
Your church can partner with Habitat by becoming a Building on Faith Partner. As a Partner Church you would sign an annual commitment to support the mission of Greater Mount Airy Area Habitat for Humanity in any way you can.
What is Building on Faith?
A cooperative effort of local churches to help build a Habitat home– physically, financially, and spiritually– alongside a deserving family Partnership between Greater Mount Airy Area Habitat for Humanity and local churches
What are the benefits of my church participating?
Opportunity to serve Christ and make a difference in Surry County Your church is helping give a hand-UP to a deserving family Fellowship amongst your church members on the build site, as well as with other churches.
What is required of my church?
Commit to giving to Habitat at one of the following levels:
Commit to sending a group of volunteers and providing lunch on the build site at least one day this year. Commit to praying for the ministry of Habitat.
Click here to download an insert for your church bulletin.
Click Here to download a Lent Build 40 Days of Prayer, Service and Sacrifice calendar.
Complete the commitment form below and submit to Greater Mount Airy Area Habitat for Humanity.
A Dozen Ways to Build on Your Faith TODAY with
Greater Mount Airy Area Habitat for Humanity
- Pray for the ministry of Greater Mount Airy Habitat for Humanity
- Participate in Building on Faith events such as Dine Out for Habitat.
- Join our Building on Faith Panel to help guide our efforts to reach many different houses of faith.
- Share the message about Greater Mount Airy Area Habitat for Humanity in your faith community and become an ambassador for affordable housing in Surry County.
- Build with us on Habitat construction projects or volunteer at our ReStore facility.
- Provide ongoing financial support and/or tithes.
- Identify parcels of land which Greater Mount Airy Area Habitat for Humanity can use to help working families realize the dream of homeownership.
- Donate furniture, home goods or construction supplies to our ReStore facility.
- Invite our Outreach Coordinator to come speak to your congregation about the needs in the Mount Airy area, Habitat’s solutions, and how they align with the mission of your house of faith.
- Nourish a partner family by stocking their pantry as they move into their new home or feed a troop of hard-working volunteers at a work site.
- Encourage your congregation to get involved as a community or as individuals.
- Sponsor a home or part of a home through fundraising collections or events – and change lives forever.
pray. serve. give