Finance Administrative Assistant/QuickBooks Bookkeeper
This is a part-time hourly position responsible for gathering and reporting the financial position of Greater Mount Airy Area Habitat for Humanity and the Habitat ReStore to the Executive Director in an accurate, complete and timely manner. Experience in or the willingness to learn job costing, thrift retail, mortgage servicing and lending, nonprofit and government accounting is all helpful to be successful with this position.
Under general supervision, create and maintain the accounting records for the company using QuickBooks. Reconcile all accounts as needed. Interface with outside accounting experts such as tax CPA and auditors. Assist the Executive Director in running and customizing reports that provide business analysis and results. Perform banking functions as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Setup and Accounting Records:
- Create and maintain QuickBooks company data.
- Understand the account and company setup steps and maintain a general knowledge of the major areas of the QuickBooks application.
- Create and maintain vendor records, including contact information, payment terms, and any other information required.
- Create and maintain customer records including contact, delivery and payment information.
- Customize the company invoice form and other forms, such as sales receipts.
- Create and maintain employees including contact information, payroll salary or rate information, and related employment data, such as W-4s and other new hire paperwork.
- Manage bills received from vendors
- Record bank transactions as needed.
- Prepare or monitor the preparation of payroll.
- Make journal entries as directed.
Reporting and Reconciliation:
- Track the cash balance and alert Executive Director with regular cash flow reports.
- Customize and memorize reports for the Executive Director, outside accounting experts, government agencies, outside payroll services, and other interested parties. These reports include account balances, profit and loss figures, and transactional reports.
- Reconcile bank accounts and perform account analysis on assets and liability accounts.
- Prepare 1099s for application vendors.
- Make (or ensure they’re made) payroll tax deposits, and create and file (or ensure it’s done) payroll tax reports.
- Create and file sales tax reports.
Interfaces and Miscellaneous:
- Verify bank drafts and charges and resolve bank errors.
- Work with CPA and auditor as requested.
- Answer questions from vendors, employees, and customers about their bills, paychecks, and invoices.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent knowledge of computers and the Internet. Work fluently with Microsoft Office, email, browsers, Windows operating systems, and PCs.
- Ability and knack for working with numerical data. Attention to detail. Accurate.
- Solid understanding of QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of business and accounting terms such as profit, ROI, assets, liabilities, etc.
- Ability to effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, such as copying, faxing, filing, and shredding.
- Innovative and creative in the form of continuous improvement to internal processes.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Must be able to pass background and drug screenings.
- College level math, bookkeeping or accounting courses required.
The Affiliate is committed to administering all employment-related matters in accordance with the principle of equal opportunity. Employees and applicants for employment will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law in any employment-related decision, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. In this regard, the Affiliate will abide by all applicable laws and regulations. The Affiliate also expects each employee to abide by these principles.
Pay rate will be based on qualification and experience
The Greater Mount Airy Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We seek to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all of our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve and National Guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com